My name is Amy Wallin and I love to read and I hate to write. I graduated from the Queensland University of Technology with a degree in Creative and Professional Writing and Public Relations. Now I can relate to the public, and write with or without grammar. Other things I learnt in university:
- One of my professors does not like cats or children
- Another likes ABBA
- The Coles sign should say: ‘8 items or fewer’, not ‘8 items or less’
- Pyjamas is a Persian word. Mattress is Arabic
- How to use ‘whom’.
- Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes Freud is a hypocritical nitwit.
After university I learnt:
- One cannot just get a job because they can write slightly better than the average man on the street.
- ‘Jobs in Arts’ is an oxymoron (especially with the 2014 Budget)
- You cannot get any other job without experience.
- You cannot get experience without first having a job.
- You need to be able to operate heavy machinery to become a gravedigger
I decided in early 2014 that I would start a blog and because I am such an insomniac, I named it: it’s only three. I occasionally write reviews and about events in my life. Mostly I write about things that cross my mind and hope that a passer-by feels some connection and validates my thoughts. Anyway passer-by, thanks for stopping to read my blog. Stay, have a browse through the madness. Make yourself at home.
I comment back to everyone, or visit your blog. If I’m convinced after reading three of your posts – shall follow=)